WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Monday, December 20, 2010

TRUTH BE TOLD!

Why I feel this man owes me a T-shirt!


As an experiment...I cued up SIZZLA on my I-Pod and then checked the play count. I have twenty-two Sizzla compact discs in MP3 format loaded to my I-Pod. The revealing facts that I found...shocked me! Technology might be EVIL but it can't be programmed to lie. What I discovered about my Sizzla listening habits....

Even tho I’m a computer illiterate knuckle dragger I‘ve still managed to accumulate about 300 gigs of music on my hard drive. Somehow I even find the time too listen to music the old fashioned way. You know spun on a stereo with a 5 disc CD Changer. But this post is not about either of those two methods; it is about the revealing facts behind my I-POD habits. Okay, first off, I use it most during my vain attempt to turn back the clock. By that, I mean exercising my ITAL right to running. Secondly, at night my wife likes static noise to fall asleep too; me I prefer deep dub so I use my I-Pod as a sailboat to drift off into the currents of sleep.

Why does SIZZLA owe me a t-shirt? I’m getting’ to that…

Sizzla’s orphaned CD is welcome in my home. It is because of my love for this little bastard disc that I feel he owes me!

My trained detective like mind (Lol) spots a trend here. Because an artist's album is listed in alphabetical sequence, maybe that could explain why ADDICTED and AIN’T GONNA SEE US FALL are my most played SIZZLA albums. Hmmm?


I figure being available in alphabetical order explains the play count. I choose whatever comes up first. I can be unimaginably lazy at times. (Like meeting BLOG deadlines!) I’ve pressed play for ADDICTED on seventeen separate occasions. I must admit I‘ve really come to love that odd little RHYTHM and BLUES disc. I mean REGGAE disc.
Before engaging in any physical effort it's smart to begin wimpy. Don't wanna break nothin'.
So I start my heart off slow. Warming up with a good stretch to loosen things. Best to maintain a nice mellow pace before selecting an energy blast of pure dancehall.

AIN’T GONNA SEE US FALL really gets the blood pumping. This is the angry, funny and cynical side to MR. KALONJI. And I’ve sped up my 10k to it on eighteen different occasions.


The strangest bit of info I learned is when I need to hear SIZZLA the ROOTS REGGAE singer of THANKS and PRAISES, I play BURNING FIRE more than the acknowledged masterpiece, BLACK WOMAN AND CHILD. (That CD tends to go around in circles much more in my stereo along with his CHILD OF JAH CD.)
BURNING FIRE has two really big roots anthems on it for me, JAH KNOWS BEST and JAH IS LOVE. I cannot get enough of those tunes, which is a good thing since they show up on multiple releases. I am well aware of Penitentiary Record's dubious reputation. This is another instance were cheap worked for me.

I have since made a conscious effort to start backwards, and by that I mean start at end of the alphabet.
I have been playing WATERHOUSE REDEMPTION when I now warm up.


Then run head first into oblivion with SIZZLA’S RASTAFARI CD beatin’ in my eardrums!

No comments:

Post a Comment