WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Saturday, January 12, 2013

THE TEACHERS BARRED

My three day old son has shamed me into dusting off a stack of old drafts....
Here is post written way back during the first stages of VYBZ KARTEL'S incarceration...

I once asked myself the proverbial, "name your top ten artists of all time question." I personally couldn't narrow my favorite Reggae talents down so easily. I go through too many wild music mood swings. One week my body will feign for heavy doses of window rattling King Tubby Dubs...

This man tortures my woofers!

...and the next week I'll go through a Gully versus Gaza war on my turntable. No clear winner. You get the idea. Speaking of the Gully vs Gaza conflict...

Image "borrowed" from MTV.UK
Now that Vybz is behind bars for crimes he probably did commit, the time is ripe ( Claims he was framed! Granted the whole payback theory for not performing at last year's STING by promoter Isaiah Laing is an interesting spin probably dreamed up by his lawyers!) Oh yeah...the time is ripe for a reevaluation of his work. 

Image "borrowed" from theislandvibes
                           GAZA vs BIG BUSINESS!

The record company's that represent his catalogue will probably scramble to release a collection of "newly" discovered tracks. Usually those tracks that were considered inferior or a miss fit to whatever release they were slated for and then wisely garbage binned. As of 1.1.13 Tad's records has. Maybe VP Records will do a domestic release of The Teachers Back. 

Prices start around $35

A disc considered one of Vybz single best releases made accessible to those fans with tight budgets. As of 1.1.13 they haven't. I almost feel bad that I had to downloaded a pirated version. 


Has anybody read this yet? Drop me some feed-back.

No comments:

Post a Comment