WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Saturday, January 12, 2013

DANTE'S First Post


My name is DANTE



Sorry to say...but my Dad has been slacking big with this blog!  Regrettably, I had to get drastic and put the knit booties to my Dad's lazy butt. His last post was before I was even conceived for crying out loud. I might be only three days old...but I been soaking up last years Big Tunes and Riddims for the past 9 months. 

Unbelievable acoustics in here! 

Dad checked the stats on his YouTube page and discovered that SHAKIRA'S Waka Waka was his most ever played video,(Dad usually mumbles to Mom's pumpkin belly something like, "Pay attention son cause someday your gonna be a big star football forward like MESSI and buy me and your mum a house).




All right...my Dad might be a living fossil...but he does have  good ears for great beats.This video is a sun drenched summer blast. Sweet Jamaica by Dancehall favorite, MR. VEGAS side by side with SHAGGY and JOSEY WALES. 



JOSEY dresses a lot like my Dad's Italian uncles. Wink wink. Ya know from the old country. Director extraordinaire JAY WILL re shot an All-star extravaganza version in celebration of Jamaica's Fiftieth! My Dad is 48. 



My Dad plays this video an awful lot. I don't get it...but hey I'm just a nursing infant. Dad plays this when I get cranky. I will admit that it is a soothing tune to wake up to. It is GOLDEE'S Chaque Jour. Another one that's goes back at least 4 long years into the fossil record. 



Obviously being three days old makes me a modern guy and I like things current. My favorite video pick of the day is Why Yuh Mad from SPICE and TIFA. I think it rides the DOG BITE RIDDIM. Now this....!



         All yuh can nurse boobie buffet! 

Mom makes faces of disapproval when she catches my Dad watching this.


                        I want mi Reggae Dancehall! 
                          Or I keep yuh up all night...

No comments:

Post a Comment