WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Monday, December 20, 2010

EXPERIENCING TURBULENCE!

TURBULENCE, like his mentor SIZZLA KALONJI, can release a prodigious amount of CDs inna New York minute. Scary. And like his mentor, Sizzla, the quality is quite impressive. Even scarier. Odds are against both of ‘em, but obviously these boys know how to manipulate the laws of logic.


Common sense says no way can any one man create that much perfection. There couldn’t be just one man behind the microphone. True enough. There must be at least three different Turbulences. There are. All three have the birth name of Sheldon Campbell too.

My favorite TURBULENCE is the conscious of mind storyteller of ROOTS reasoning. Another favorite is the DANCEHALL chanter of yard politics and ghetto conflicts. These two Turbulences didn’t stand in the shadow of mentor and master talent Sizzla for very long.

That leaves one more Turbulence persona…the RHYTHM AND BLUES singer with the gruff voice.

At one time my little mind couldn’t conceive the reasons why he would waste his time on such nonsense. Other than to think it was money motivated with stateside crossover dreams. My resilience got worn down with each consecutive spin till the simple realization hit me-the boy has big LOVE in his heart. (Enough to share with many women!) That answer and the fact that he is really good at this RHYTHM AND BLUES stuff is proof enough for me. His foreign approach is somehow more authentic than the original stateside sound and look-alikes these days. TURBULENCE is no man’s clone!


I can’t single out any CD in particular that’s stronger in the “Girl I love you” vibe because they are all created equally with that three part magic formula.

When I’m the mood for good R’n’B, I don’t spin Usher. I don’t spin Justin Timberlake. I spin SHELDON CAMPBELL

No comments:

Post a Comment