WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

WTF?



I might add a WTF moment to my posting. My television (and cable and phone) provider has this free access to videos covering all musical genres. The selection is always changing. The Reggae selection is limited to about a dozen at a time. On it I stumbled across a video for RDX titled "Skip." I may have heard the name before.
Holy shit did I laugh my ass off. I played it for my wife who just looked at me quizzically. I laughed my ass off again. Intentionally funny tune and colorful video. I would of splice them in but videos slow my computer down to a crawl. YouTube it for a good laugh.



Another mystery was a video for Major Lazer. Who? Actually it is a collaboration of two DJ's, Diplo and Switch, who worked in such Dancehall masters as Vybz Kartel and Busy Signal into their mix. IT IS A CARTOON ACTION FIGURE IN SOUND AND VISION! Check it out. Definitely worth a long look. Mr. Lex aka Lexxus of RING MI CELLI fame is the guest mystery voice.



Still not as weird as that R.D.X. tune though. That one will have me scratching my head for awhile. And laughing. With or at....I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment