WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

RANDOM NONSENSE



A question to those individuals who might stop by my humble little blog-is Jetstar Records defunct? For that matter, the amazing Reggae boutique label Blood and Fire outta Merry Ole England hasn't pushed anything new on us in quite some time. The lights still on in their website but it is awfully quit inside. That would be a shame, cause those guys put out only best chronic compared to some of the skunk other labels sell. Blood and Fire were eye to eye with Pressure Sounds and Soul Jazz for hand picked photo packed deluxed remastered grooves from yesteryear. Super rare 45's would reappear like magic. Intersting... all the labels mentioned are/were Brit powerhouses. Of course England's Greensleeves is sitting safe and cozy within the VP Records empire. Global domination but to this listeners ears-it is a good thing.

Thank you too those four brave souls of discerning taste that publicly admit to following my big mouth blog. Hey you are laughing with me...right? And not at me?



It has been a couple years since I have become a used CD dealer on Amazon. Independantly busted. My dream is to segue that endeavor over into a new and used online Reggae CD shop. I do not call that conducting business-that 9 ta 5 would be a pleasure. Problem is I still have not sold one Reggae CD! I have sold tons of rock-n-roll noise. Second hand stuff I come across at yard sales or basement finds. My biggest seller to date was a double disc greatest hits of Julio Iglesias! Now I've even listed a few brand new Horace Andy and Burning Spear CDs cheaper than wholesale juss ta see wha would happen. Nothing! Damn hippies are illegally downloading instead. Lol. I wholesale thru a few distributers but all the Reggae I buy ends up in my personal collection. My local competition is huge. They will buy a hundred copies of Marley's Legend at a time. Me? Like my blog, my buying power is humble. Hey, I am not greedy, I juss wanna move enough high grade riddims ta support my music habit. Otherwise it's like getting high off my own stash!



Ever notice how many people misspell Reggae?

No comments:

Post a Comment