WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Monday, October 4, 2010

DISCO CONTINUED...

Umm, I forgot to add this to the Greensleeves 12 inch Rulers post! Apparenently anything over the count of three and my mind goes blank.



Jah Thomas
Rub a Dub Deejay extraordinaire and producer elite.
And from some pics I spied online; a snappy dressser and snazzy mover!



I have a few of his Deejay records pressed in snap, crackle and pop vinyl. I gotta read the fine print more because I did not know about his split alter ego, that of producer. These extended mixes must of absolutely ruled the dance floor. This collection drops with a shattering Toyan chat over Triston Palma's mighty Entertainment. What a way to begin a record. With yer biggest guns blazing! This collection is a perfect aritfact of Eighties Dancehall. This record never lets up.... a seven minute cut of Triston's Joker Smoker makes sure yer attention span doesn't drift. Toyan chants over a few more in row. This disc ends with the young Billy Boyo tune "Scandal" that slides into a dubbed out finish. This disc is grand scale or as they say; massive. I drove a 250 mile round trip at night and for the way back I put this on loud. Kept me from wandering lanes or coming down with white line fever. A trucker affliction!

No comments:

Post a Comment