WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Monday, October 4, 2010

MY INHERITANCE!

I grew up watching Sanford and Son. My dad's favorite show.



I never realised that we were the Italian-American version.



The racoon grave yard



I do not go around bragging that I inherited barns full of Cadillacs, because as Jah knows, they do not move under their own free will. I gotta tow 'em or push 'em. Heavy metal is what this pile of scrap iron on wheels is.



Where these cars last sputtered is where they got jacked up and filled as storage units. It is gonna take half a life time to sort through my family's mess. I would rather be posting.



Or making money the easy way.

This is a good problem-to be honest I am not much for worldly possessions, but I have lost my mind with my music obsession. Billions of MP3’s clog my ram, but that’s just code, and I am old fashioned. So there is nothing like a hardcopy CD that you can hold in your hand. It is good solid physical evidence. I get lost in between the stacks of compact discs and the crates of vinyl that tower around me.

Okay, that is not exactly the problem …

…This phenomenon happens to me from time to time; because I have an over whelming musical selection, I cannot decide what to listen to. I sit dumbfounded. Sometimes up to a half hour or so in complete silence like a little kid placed in time out. I might as well press my nose to the wall. (Achis this happen to you? Or did I erase too much brain space?)
I function best with a soundtrack, so my stereo only sleeps when I close my eyes. Chores seem to do themselves happily. Well I keep telling myself that anyway. In fact, a wise old sage handed down this advice… all life’s obligations are best paced to the riddims of Reggae.

No comments:

Post a Comment