WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

FOOTBALL pt. 2

Safe to say I am never gonna get around to finishing up that BLACK UHURU review. It is also safe to say that as an Italian American (on my Dad's side)-I watched in horror as Italy embrassed themselves in their match against New Zealand. NZ are ranked 78th and Italy 5th. If the ref did not cry foul infavor of the Team Italia, New Zealand would of spanked them right out of the Cup Challenge. It was a hollow draw for the former World Cup Champs. As an after thought- I feel worse for the 7 to zero disgrace the North Korean team faces when reporting back to Supreme Leader Kim Jong-il. That team will either be imprisoned for life or executed for treason. What does this have to do with sweet Reggae music?
Nothing directly, but to expend some pent up aggression I kicked the football around my yard. I was feeling expiremental, so I propped the speakers in my window so I could play along to Scientist Wins The World Cup. First off, I love Scientist, but I must admit this record be a bit heady to pace a good defense against. It is better suited to celebrate a win with. I imagine I could play a mean game with the Elephant Man blasting out my speakers. Fueled by the "Energy God".



This man, Usain Bolt, claims he trains on home grown sweet potatoes and fills his ears with Dancehall for motivation. I have been chowing down on sweet potatoes for years and I have been spinning dancehall for decades- so how come I run like molasses being dripped compared to this human blur? It has to be his shoes-

No comments:

Post a Comment