WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BUJU BANTON

Speaking of training with Dancehall in my ears, I always have Buju Banton cued on my MP3 player. In fact, I have come to associate BuJu music with only running. Especially when I cover long distances. The riddims beat away in my ears as my feet pound the pavement. When I am about to drop dead from exhaustion, Buju's Too Bad, his rowdy return as the Dancehall king, is like a power switch in me being flipped back to on. I have worn out the soles of many running shoes listening to the righteous soul of Buju's Inna Heights or Til Shiloh. Both record selections are perfect in every way. They are the perfect balance of music and words. Perfect balance of art and life.



Necessary



Like breathing

No comments:

Post a Comment