WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

CULTIVATING HERBALISTS



Listening with new ears. The crazy thing about Culture is that this record sounds more unique today than when new. I remember thinking that Joseph Hill and gang were roots to a fault. No hooks and gimmicks to catch the listeners ears. Just a simple smooth continuous riff for Joseph to drift his voice over. I was wrong, sure the vibe is like a drive thru the country, but the band and back-up harmonies block the whole road. They just do it without big city road rage.

Okay, I pinched this from my earlier Amazon review. I have always loved Joseph Hill's Culture but as I get older, I hold their music even closer to my heart. I blame it on maturity. Certainly not herb itself. I was smoking some intense Vietnam export back in the olden days. Then, is it true, am I getting wiser as I get older?

No comments:

Post a Comment