WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Only on the internet could ya find something like this...

What, no Vanilla Ice? Wow, I was feeling a bit oppressed and than I wandered across this wonder of wonders. I really needed a good laugh and this collection split my sides. Boy George is Dreader than Dread. Big Youth is rolling over in his grave and he is not even dead yet! Dig the Waterhouse Parish native, Eric Clapton, and his cover of Bobo Bob Dylan. I believe from a long lost Lee "Scratch" Perry Ark session. Is that the Mighty Diamonds I hear harmonizing? I understand including 10cc, the british marshmellow popsters from the 70's for the Roots credibility so why add an imposter like Jimmy Cliff or Bob Marley. UB40? I thought that was the British unmploymnt form. Isn't their lead singer also in the Thompson Twins? I wish they included a Flock Of Seagulls classic. Then I could of whole heartily given this release 5 stars. I think it's great that Comedy Central is making Reggae records! Cheered me up!



Warning! This CD impaired my vision and slurred my speech. Do not let your kids find this in the medicine cabinet...

No comments:

Post a Comment