WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This blog entry contains only 10% new material!

Pablo Picasso once said "bad artists copy and great artists steal." So what does that make me? I just clipped these reveiws from my own Amazon page. To damn busy is what. I am spending too much time battling my mathematical demons.



9 out of 10 for no appointment necessary

Junior makes roots music that is as catchy as a cold, except this stuff is good for you. In fact these fifteen tracks are strong medicine for what ills you. So pour this aural tonic down your ears. Junior's Bless may be on the mellow side with that extra classic vibe but it is most certainly not watered down. Bless is a potent Herbsman potion. No weak spots. Actually I can't find any weak spots on any of Juniors records. All good. They're all healthy choice. If your mind and body need mending, spin this, you'll feel better!



Almost a tie with Spice In Your Life for first place in Richie's race into reggae history. I absolutely love Digital Ways with Joseph Hill. The tune is a bridge across generations. "Youth Dem Cold" does justice to Dennis Browns old classic "Some Like It Hot". The tune "Baby Face" is the family getting together. This record, like Spice In Your Life is an absolute gem. Let it add some sparkle to your music selection.

9.5 out of 10 for cut and brilliance



I needed to sleep on it. Literally. I never thought this set lived up to its predecessors, but than I fell asleep with it in my ears. Is it "Spice In Your Life?" Nope. Very few records can claim that glory. Even his! This record is enough change in direction that it offers up a different vibe. Babylon Falling and Gideon Boot are a strong beginning to a roots rock solid set. The tune "The World Is A Cycle" is very well done but to me Alaine's "Rise In Love" now owns that riddim. Time to retire it! This is not a back-handed complement but Gideon Boot is nice set to fall asleep to. Sweet dreams...

9 out of 10 for the good nights rest

No comments:

Post a Comment