WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

DONE HER WAY



I did something rare awhile back. I bought Mi Lady Saw's MY WAY CD the day it hit stores. I always wait for the feeding frenzy to die out before moving in. But with her there was no way I was gonna idle my moments patiently away. I hopped in my car and drove to the local trendy independent. I dropped exact change. I played MY WAY on heavy rotation all day. I loved it and then mysteriously and completely empty headed, I filed it in the section reserved only for unloved orphaned discs. 

Recently...I asked myself why. Is it equal to WALK OUT or PASSION? Nope but in no way should this disc be shunned! 


I hear a lot more New York than Kingston in this disc. Electro beats creeping in on the mix. There is even an old school feel too it. Some of the Riddims remind me of 1980's MANTRONIX. Remember them? 
So...then, that's a good thing! Yeah, after listening to this record again for some motivation while I beat my face on the ground (army slang for push-ups) I was finally able to wrap my mind around it. I should of waited for it to go cold before I bought it hot in the charts. 


There is no moral to my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment