WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Friday, September 3, 2010

ARTIST I SHOULD LISTEN TOO MORE! Part 1.

My style of ART is considered Neo-Expressionism. Whatever. So that must mean my music critiquing is Impressionistic. Right? I give the impression that I am actually reviewing a CD but I am not. I am going to take this concept a bit further and write about records I have not even heard yet. Make sense? Yep. There are many music artists out there that I KNOW I should pay more attention too. Like this gentleman pictured below, Beres Hammond.



Jah knows I never turn the station when his songs come on. I never skip ‘em on stuff like VP’s, “Strictly The Best” series, so why no massive Beres Hammond selection in my collection? I shy away from love songs for the most part. I love ‘em a few songs at time but an albums worth at a single sitting is like watching a chick flick with your homeboys.
Okay that just shows how shallow my human nature can be, because Beres has all the intensity and the sincerity of genuine heart. He is a singer with huge emotional depth. Beres is happy go lucky with life’s pursuits. Me? My wife always reminds me that my heart is made of coal! Apparently I am not the romantic old fool I thought I was!



Got a cold heart? Warm it up with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment