WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

BUJU- A FREE MAN!



Alright, it is no great mystery that this old fool loves sweet Reggae music. And I love writing, so it would seem natural that the two would twist around each other nicely. They don't. Every time I itch to get some posting done it's like I have to low crawl thru barbed wire spirals while shots ring out over my head. I get distracted so easily. I end up reading the latest news/gossip of what is happening in this damn crazy world. I've become desensitised to the bombs blowing up the Middle East; apathetic to the news that even more evidence of genocide was unearthed in the sacred soils of Mother Africa and hell, I am downright bored with the endless articles about how one human being can be so rotten to another.

Ahhh...but today hidden in the BBC's entertainment section was news of Buju's trial. A jury of his peers could not reach the same verdict so the judge declared a mistrial. Everybody go home! By the way was it really a jury of his peers? I mean how many Jamaican Nationals sat in the box? I didn't see the Marley Brothers or Sizzla sitting in the jury box. All good in the end though.

Oh yeah, I lied about Satan's influence on humanity. The daily news reports filled with unspeakable horrors will always continue to infuriate me. Peace. A one syllable word that is so hard for most of the world to pronounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment