WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Friday, January 22, 2010

Da Lovely Ladies.

Yeah, Cherine Anderson, she is kinda familiar. Seen the name and I recognize the face. Striking looks. Yep, she is probably a pretty girl with a pretty voice.



Wrong, she is pretty girl with huge presence and a powerful set of pipes. Her record the “The Introduction” is different from the dancehall badgyal style of Lady Saw or the organic earthiness of Queen Omega, it is smack dab in between. a good place to be. A big smile worked it’s way across my face when the melody began for the classic tune Movie Star. Yeah, that’s where I know her from, the movies!



She was in Dancehall Queen and One Love. Truth be told, everybody has heard her duet with Chuck Fenda. The single “Coming Over” was on every best of that year. I was a bit slow and did not connect the dots. And to think, I almost skipped this record.





Next up is Alaine’s Sacrifice, now she is a pretty face with a pretty voice! If I were a 16 year old, her poster would be hanging over my headboard. Right next to Ce’cile’s. I have said it before but the riddim used behind the song Sacrifice, which has backed a lot of singers lately, should be put to rest. It now belongs to Alaine. The hit tune Dreaming with Beenie Man takes a clever twist of the big bad wolf fable. Checkout the video. I recommend this record most heartily. Okay, it is a softie, but hey, I can be romantic!



Shush, I am dreaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment